Cardsinner Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Powered by WebRing®.

Pocket Aces

2 posters

Go down

Pocket Aces Empty Pocket Aces

Post  TheUndertaker Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Since i started playing poker pocket aces had been the worst cards for me.I lost about 5 times with them.I always get beat by a straight or flush this SUCKS.Give me a shout out guys.

TheUndertaker

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Pocket Aces Empty Re: Pocket Aces

Post  Mrs. Sinner Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Pocket Aces can be the roughest hand to play in Hold 'em.

If you're all-in preflop, then there's really not much else you can do but to cross your fingers. The bright side is that you're a good 86% favorite against any random hand. However, that percentage drops dramatically the more players are involved in the pot. With enough players in the hand, AA can actually become the underdog.

That's especially important to remember when you're not all-in preflop. Take a real careful look at the board and how others are playing before deciding whether or not to invest any more money with AA once the board comes down. If you're involved in a multi-way pot, especially against loose players, it's not always a bad idea to throw AA away. I've done it before. It hurts real bad. But when one of the other players in the pot turns over a straight or a flush, you'll feel alot better about that pair that you threw away, even if it is aces.

Some factors you want to look for when considering whether or not your Aces are cracked:

Board Texture: If there are 4 hearts on the board and you're not holding one, you're probably beat.

# of players in the hand: If there or 4, 5, 6 or more players in the hand, one of tem will likely catch up with your aces and fly past.

How have they been playing / how are they playing this hand: If you're up against a tight player who doesn't invest much money into a pot without at least having a set, straight, etc., but this guy's pushing his stack in there against your aces, you could do worse things than throwing them away.
Mrs. Sinner
Mrs. Sinner
Admin

Female Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-20

http://cardsinner.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum