Cardsinner Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Powered by WebRing®.

This Is the Game

+2
penn_st_fan
TheDude167
6 posters

Go down

This Is the Game Empty This Is the Game

Post  TheDude167 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:58 pm

This is the game I play EVERYDAY....... I don't ever play any other games unless it's a tourney.........

TheDude167

Male Number of posts : 216
Job/hobbies : Playing Poker
Humor : NONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

This Is the Game Empty Re: This Is the Game

Post  penn_st_fan Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:01 pm

can you explain some general omaha hi strategy for me. i would like to get into this game more

penn_st_fan

Male Number of posts : 59
Job/hobbies : poker, hunting
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDude167 Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:22 pm

LOL........... I don't know how to explain

TheDude167

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Sinner Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:15 pm

penn_st_fan wrote:can you explain some general omaha hi strategy for me. i would like to get into this game more

When playing Omaha, the most important thing to remember is that you have to play at least 2 and only 2 of the cards in your hand. For example, if you have three diamonds in your hand and there are 2 on the board, you do NOT have a flush, since you can only use 2 of the diamonds in your hand. If you have one heart and there are 4 hearts on board, you do NOT have a flush, since you have to use 2 of your hole cards to complete your hand.

As far as starting hands go, I play a pretty tight Omaha game, as I like to run counter to the herd when playing poker. And most of the table in Omaha games tend to play a little on the loose side. When selecting a starting hand, I'm mainly looking for mid-high to high pairs (sometimes 9's, mainly 10's or higher), double suited connectors (such as Ac Kc 7d 8d), or wrap draw hands (such as 6789 or TJQK) and I usually look for these hands to be 2-card suited, though I prefer double suited to keep me tighter. Of course you could play a much wider variety of starting hands if it suits your style.

Once the board comes down (this advice pertains specifically to full 9 or 10 player tables):

If you flop a pair, you're usually screwed. You'll usually need at least 2 pair at a full ring. You can get away with far weaker hands at shorter handed tables, though.

If there's a flush possibility on board, someone's usually got it.

If the board pairs and you don't have a Full House, you're usually screwed. I can't tell you how many "nut flushes" I've thrown away in Omaha when the board pairs and been glad I did it when someone showed the Boat! Even if you do nail a full house in Omaha, take a good look at the strength of that full house, as a full house is not as strong as what many people are used to after playing Hold'em. Let's run an example here:

The board: 6 6 4 K 9
You have: 6 4
You can only beat 1 Full House: pocket 4's
You'll get beat by 4 of them: 9 6, K 6, pocket Kings, and pocket 9s

The above example also illustrates why I avoid playing small pocket pairs in Omaha. I hate being the poor sucker with the pocket 4's in that hand!

Nothing is quite what it seems in this game, but it's a lot of fun. For many players, including myself, it takes quite a few blunders to really learn this game. But experience is the best way.

I hope this is a decent starter for those looking to enter the wonderful world of Omaha.
Mrs. Sinner
Mrs. Sinner
Admin

Female Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-20

http://cardsinner.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDude167 Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 pm

That's a good way of putting it....

TheDude167

Back to top Go down

This Is the Game Empty So

Post  Lord Mordo Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:08 pm

AAKK double suited almost makes me lose my poker face Smile

Lord Mordo

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  SystEmsuX Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:24 pm

Omaha & H/L are my favorite games. Wish there were more of em around--in general, people seem to be especially bad at these forms of poker, haha.
SystEmsuX
SystEmsuX

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Taking the power back.
Humor : Um, yes?
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  rongthucgiac Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm

I don't ever play but i will try

rongthucgiac

Number of posts : 2