Cardsinner Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Powered by WebRing®.

My latest SNG

4 posters

Go down

My latest SNG Empty My latest SNG

Post  Mrs. Sinner Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:47 pm

This morning I got into a single-table 10 player sit-n-go.

Through the first level of blinds, every pot was a multi-way pot, as is typical in the opening stages of tournaments. I stayed out of the way, and watched 1 player get eliminated before the 1st blind increase.

During the 2nd level of blinds, the action hadn't slowed down much. With most of the table limping in ahead of me, I took a peek at my cards from the cut-off: QJ of hearts. Perfect time to play a decent drawing hand. I tossed in my 30 chips, as did the button. The small blind threw in another 15. The big blind opted to raise it to 90, and everyone in front of me called. Since there was almost no way in hell the players after me would fold if I called, the pot and implied odds made it a no-brainer to throw in another 60. Of course, the button and the SB followed suit.

The flop: T 5 J, with one heart. SB checked, and the BB foolishly threw in a weak 80 chip bet. Still, even with the weak bet, the action folded around to me. I was pleasantly surprised at that little turn of events. I had already counted the SB out of the hand by his reaction to the flop (this guy had obviously never heard the term "poker face"), and since the BB was obviously weak, I had nothing to worry about execpt for the button. I decided to raise to get a feel for where I stood against him. I was under no misconception that my pair of Jacks with a Queen kicker was the nuts, but with a big raise, I might even be able to get him to fold a (slightly) stronger hand. The button folded with little thought, so it turned out I had nothing to worry about there. The big blind simply called.

The first thought to pop into my head was AK. He'd have a strong starting hand, strong enough to raise with, but he missed the flop, hence the weak bet. If he had AK, he might call for the gutshot straight draw with the 2 over cards.

Turn: Ace of Hearts. Uh oh. At that point the BB checked to me. I let off a small bet, and sure enough, he sandbagged me. His mistake was his small raise. I made an easy call and caught the 5th heart on the river. He commited himself with a big bet, and I shoved in the rest and knocked him out and doubled up to over 3,000 chips. Boy was he steamed!

I sat tight until we got down to 4 players, then used my tight table image and the fact that no one wanted to bust the bubble to steal pot after pot and build my stack up to over 5,000 chips. Finally, a player got sick of my bullying and shoved back on me. Only problem; I was holding AA. The rockets held, and I moved up to over 7,000.

Down to the 3 of us, I flopped a pair, got them in, and got sucked out on by a player with nothing when he caught a backdoor flush. My next hand after that was KK, so I decided to play the "I'm on tilt" Evil or Very Mad routine and threw my stack into the pot. I don't understand why, but for some reason I got a quick and easy call by a player with Q 8 off. Guess he really bought the tilt act and thought I had 2 7 off or something. Out he went.

Once we reached head's up, I had a strong enough chip advantage to play the bully, shoving all in pre-flop 3 hands in a row. On the 4th I limped, and then shoved with nothing on the flop. Turns out, he had a pair. It's the same guy who backdoor flushed me when I had a pair. Justice falls on the turn and river, and I (re)suck him out with a backdoor flush! We actually both had a good laugh about that one.

I've got to say he was a fine player (other than the one questionable move) and a class act. I'm sure we'll rematch again someday.

Mrs. Sinner - 1st Place all the way, baby! I've been on fire since the 49ers won.
Mrs. Sinner
Mrs. Sinner
Admin

Female Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-20

http://cardsinner.com

Back to top Go down

My latest SNG Empty Re: My latest SNG

Post  penn_st_fan Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 pm

nice job here. how much u bring in from it?

penn_st_fan

Male Number of posts : 59
Job/hobbies : poker, hunting
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDude167 Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:01 pm

How much u bring in?

TheDude167

Male Number of posts : 216
Job/hobbies : Playing Poker
Humor : NONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Sinner Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:12 pm

I pulled in enough to do all my Christmas shopping. The drawback though is that I always do all my Christmas shopping at the last minute, so I'll probably blow the money on myself before I get around to the X-Mas duties. Very Happy
Mrs. Sinner
Mrs. Sinner
Admin

Female Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-20

http://cardsinner.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bddfc1308 Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:28 pm

not a fair answer come on how much be honest!
bddfc1308
bddfc1308

Male Number of posts : 30
Job/hobbies : well of course poker lol
Humor : im all about humor
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDude167 Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:24 pm

LOL......... Good enough info for me lol

TheDude167

Male Number of posts : 216