Cardsinner Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Powered by WebRing®.

Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat

2 posters

Go down

Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat Empty Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat

Post  Mr007 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 am

Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat

A top army officer in Zimbabwe has accused Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai of being a security threat.

"He takes instructions from foreigners who seek to effect illegal regime change," Brig-Gen Douglas Nyikayaramba told the state-run Herald paper.

His comments come after Mr Tsvangirai urged military chiefs to remove their uniforms if they wanted to challenge him politically in forthcoming polls.

Mr Tsvangirai joined a unity government with President Robert Mugabe in 2009.

The coalition, which took power after disputed elections in 2008, has helped stabilise the economy and reduced political violence.

But the administration has been fraught with squabbles over introducing reforms.

Mr Mugabe and his Zanu-PF party have been pushing for polls this year, but human rights activists have been worried about reports of increased political harassment of his opponents.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

President Mugabe will only leave office if he sees it fit or dies”

End Quote Douglas Nyikayaramba Brigadier-general

The prime minister's party - the Movement for Democratic Change - wants security forces to stay out of politics and to not publicly support Mr Mugabe in the next election.

Many of Zimbabwe's security chiefs fought with President Mugabe during the 1970s guerrilla war against white minority rule and remain fiercely loyal to him.

The army was said to have been involved in systematic attacks on Mr Tsvangirai's supporters after he won the first round of the 2008 election.

According to the AFP news agency, Brig-Gen Nyikayaramba has recently been removed from the constitution-making body after saying Mr Mugabe should remain in power for life.
'Nonsense'
MDC leader and Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai photographed in April 2011 Morgan Tsvangirai pulled out of the 2008 run-off vote against Robert Mugabe because of political violence

He repeated his view to the Herald: "President Mugabe will only leave office if he sees it fit or dies. No-one should be talking about his departure at the moment. We will die for him to make sure he remains in power.

Brig-Gen Nyikayaramba dismissed Mr Tsvangirai's comments at a rally over the weekend as "nonsense".

"Tsvangirai doesn't pose a political threat in any way in Zimbabwe, but is a major security threat," he said.

"We are dealing with a national security threat, which can only be dealt with by people in uniform.

"If it was a normal political environment, one would hope to retire at some point and join politics."

The MDC argues without a new constitution and electoral reforms, forthcoming polls would not be free and fair.

Mr Mugabe and his allies say Zimbabwe's economic problems are the result of a plot to oust him because of his policy of seizing white-owned land.

His critics accuse him of turning what used to be be on Africa's most developed economies into a basket case.
γυναικομαστία
Windows Louisville KY

Mr007

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-12-24

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat Empty Re: Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat

Post  chjckfox511 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 am

Stapled shut, inside and ouside would and I'm
Sealed in tight, but right at home
Claustrophobic, closing in and I'm
Care Home Manager Jobs
Water Storage

chjckfox511

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat Empty Re: Zimbabwe army: PM Morgan Tsvangirai is security threat

Post  chjckfox511 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:49 am

I'm smeared across the page, and doused in gasoline
I wear you like a stain, yet I'm the one who's obscene
Catch me upon all your sordid little insurrections,
business opportunity
schwimmbadüberdachung

chjckfox511

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down