Cardsinner Poker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Powered by WebRing®.

what is razz anyway?

+4
pokerdude27
LarryBoil
TheDude167
penn_st_fan
8 posters

Go down

what is razz anyway? Empty what is razz anyway?

Post  penn_st_fan Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:14 pm

Thats what i was going to explain if you would give me time!!! just kidding lol.

Razz is a low ball game forming off of the old kansas city low ball. The dealing is the same as stud accept you want to get the worst poker hand possible. For instance the best hand in razz is A 2 3 4 5. the worst hand in razz, although ive never seen it before is AAAAKKK. Only thing is in razz you could have a straight and a flush but as long as you have low cards you can still win. I mostly try to avoid playing unless i get three cards under a 9 but thats just me. Also you have to learn some diciplin if your going to play razz because it will make you look like you have something and let you bet then screw you in the end. Thats the reason why i like to just check or call till i have it locked.

Well thats razz in a nut shell. have fun and gl at the tables.

penn_st_fan

Male Number of posts : 59
Job/hobbies : poker, hunting
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

what is razz anyway? Empty Re: what is razz anyway?

Post  TheDude167 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 pm

That is absoulutely right.................!

TheDude167

Male Number of posts : 216
Job/hobbies : Playing Poker
Humor : NONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  LarryBoil Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:23 pm

razz is the greatest game of all time

LarryBoil

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDude167 Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Actually to me, it is the worst game of all time!

TheDude167

Male Number of posts : 216
Job/hobbies : Playing Poker
Humor : NONE AT ALL!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  pokerdude27 Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 pm

razz is a game of low cards are the best .u use ur best five low cards to win . like 5 4 3 2 ace is the best hand u can get

pokerdude27

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

what is razz anyway? Empty Well

Post  Lord Mordo Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:04 pm

When compared to certain other types of poker, say Hold'em for example, Razz is amazing. The hands are fairly easy to read and gauge, and it's fun. Unfortunately it's not all that popular Sad

Lord Mordo

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  SystEmsuX Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:28 pm

There isn't a lot of razz strategy info out there compared to other poker games, so it makes me think it could be pretty profitable if someone were to focus their attention on learning it. That is, if razz were actually popular!
SystEmsuX
SystEmsuX

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Taking the power back.
Humor : Um, yes?
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

what is razz anyway? Empty see if this helps you

Post  rlg476 Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Razz is a game of patience. It is important to play tight, yet attempt well timed ante steals when Razz Poker Strategy and Tips
the chance presents itself.
Razz starting hands are easy to remember. If you have three cards between Ace and five, you have a great starting hand. A23 is the best starting hand, but any three cards between Ace and five (no pairs of course!) is a hand to bet and raise with on third street. Three card starting hands between Ace and six are good starting hands and should be played aggressively as well, but with a little more caution if several other players with lower door cards are ramping up the action. Three cards of seven or lower is a good starting hand that you'll want to see 4th street with, even if you have to call a bet or two to do so. A three card eight is becoming marginal. If you can limp in or steal the antes with it, do so. Playing three card eights routinely will cost you chips in the long run.
The other players' up cards. This is a very important aspect to razz strategy. Observant Razz players will view the upcards and tend to have a much better idea of their relative hand strength. Sometimes the up cards will tell you exactly what to do. If you have three cards to a nine low and there are no other up cards lower than a nine, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have the best hand on third street and can bet and raise, even though a "nine low" isn't typically a hand that you would play. You should continue to keep an eye on the other players' porches as the hand progresses. Even if you catch low cards that pair your hole cards, if the other players are catching bad high cards, you can still usually win the pot by betting aggressively.
Live and Dead Cards. This is an important aspect of 7 card stud. While in that game, you are wanting your cards to be "live", in Razz you prefer them to be "dead." For example, if you hold Ace, 3, 6 to start and you see two other threes, a six and an ace, you can feel even better about your hand because it means there is less of a chance that you will make pairs! Catching pairs can kill a great starting Razz hand, so the more dead cards you see the better.
Jamming vs. Slow Playing: Razz is not really a slow playing game. There are exceptions of course, but generally speaking if you have a good hand, you want to jam it. One reason is that by jamming it, you generally create a big enough pot on third street that it allows you to call on fourth street even if you catch a bad card, based on the size of the overall pot. You can get right back on track with another good low card on fifth street. By all means, do your best to use overly loose and aggressive players weaknesses against them, but you won't go wrong by just betting and raising when you have the best of it.
Best Draw vs. Made 9 Low after five cards. A interesting feature of Razz is the little known fact that after five cards are dealt, the best drawing hand is a favorite over any made nine low. In most forms of poker the made hand usually leads the betting to make the draw hands pay, but in Razz, the opposite is true on fifth street. Things are back to normal on 6th street however. With one card to come, the made nine low is now a favorite over the best draw and should definitely lead the betting.
Knowing when to fold 'em. If you make a habit of starting with sub par hands or drawing with weak hands vs. powerful boards and stronger draws, then you will just be leaking chips and blowing your bankroll. As with other poker variations, if it looks like you are beat, you probably are. Save your money for when you have the best hand and then play aggressively. Especially in low limit games, players tend to have the hands they represent, so don't pay off three or four more bets to "keep them honest"! When good hands turn bad, release them. Patience!
Stealing the Antes. Ante stealing is important, especially the higher up you go in limits. Several situations are great for ante stealing attempts. First, if the bring in player is immediately to your left and it is folded up to you, you should always complete the bet to steal the bring and antes. You do not have to be successful every time for this to be a profitable play. Another good stealing shot to take is when you are the lowest up card. You'd prefer to have reasonable cards in the hole, but this steal attempt is not unlike completing with an Ace door card in 7 card stud, representing aces. You can also attempt to steal with second highest up card if it is folded up to you in late position. Don't get carried away here. Stealing becomes less effective and less profitable the lower the limits you are playing. Always be willing to let go of a steal attempt if another player plays back at you!

I forgot where I this but I think it will help you. good luck

rlg476

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

what is razz anyway? Empty Damier Azur Canvas Pochette Bosphore N51112 Bag

Post  vince0505 Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 am

A soft-sided beauty case for the stylish jetsetter. The chic Damier Azur Canvas Pochette Bosphore N51112 exterior and natural cowhide shoulder strap and handle make this a first-class addition to your LV luggage. The inside features a mirror and pocket on the lid, leather loops for holding brushes and bottles in place.

vince0505

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down